Monday 2 May 2011

ARCHITECTURE BASED FASHION


This was my first module I had to undertake at college. I was requested to produce a Portfolio, which would present mood, muse and Final illustration of fashion. The theme I decided to build my Portfolio about was Architecture based Fashion.
While preparing my research I focused mainly on contemporary architecture, however I also got some of my inspiration from Ancient Greece, which you will be able to find on some of my following posts.
I came across a very interesting book called “Skin + Bones”  by Brooke Hodge. This book explores the mutual influence of fashion and architecture, in more architectonic approach to fashion. It also focuses on the use of techniques characteristic in fashion, which I was especially interested in such as pleating and folding in architecture, draping and deconstruction. 






For further info, plus an interview with author, follow this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment